Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Bought Too Many Flowers


I have been so excited for the Everett Farmer's Market to open, and today was finally the day! I was so excited that I forgot it opened at 11 and went at 10. Oops! Oh well. At 11 o'clock I was ready with my reusable shopping bags and cash. I was captivated by some pretty red, white and pink radishes, Russian Kale and purple scallions. At my favorite stand, the merchant let me try lots of different greens I had never heard of (and thus can't remember) raw right off the table! They were spectacular! My favorite was the leaves of baby broccolini, it's related to cabbage and the real name starts with an 'm'. The oyster mushrooms were right next to it and I thought they would be great together in a stir fry. Spring lettuces and spinach were also abundant.
And then I bought way too many flowers! I was enchanted by all the poppies, irises, snapdragons, daisies, etc! I bought so many that I had to buy a new vase on the way home to hold the largest bouquet. So many that even that vase was too small and I ended up splitting them into two bouquets. So many flowers that I now have 6 vases of flowers in my house. I have no bouquet arranging skills, either. So I ended up splitting them up by color (sorry about the purple and yellow, Tori). I guess I'll have to give some away!


No comments:

Post a Comment