Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Patio Makeover

Before

After

The furniture, rug and hurricanes are all from Target. The mismatched pots are ones I had sitting unused in our storage area. We went to Sunnyside Nursery for the plants. I drive by the nursery every day on the way to school, but this was the first time I really spent time looking around there. I had no idea choosing plants would be so overwhelming! Our patio is southern exposure, so we mostly got full sun plants. I chose some Shasta Daisies, Black Eyed Susans, and Ben chose two blueberry bushes. I guess you need two to cross pollinate. Our front porch is northern exposure, so we got a shade plant, bleeding hearts, for there. I also couldn't resist the herbs. I was planning on getting all flowers but when I smelled those herbs...oh! I just couldn't resist. So now we have some Thai basil, red basil, golden oregano and Italian flat leaf parsley. Now I just have to convince my squirrell not to leave peanut shells all over!


Our first meal on the new patio,inspired by this month's Vegetarian Times.

Enchiladas with zucchini-corn filling, Follow Your Heart vegan monterey jack cheese, homemade pico de gallo, guacamole
AND
chayote, watercress and radish salad with chili-lime dressing.
Don't forget the gin and tonics.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment