Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


Caprese Salad Skewers


Around Christmas time, I saw an idea in a magazine (Cooking Light? Sunset?) For Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Kebabs. I thought I would make a fun party size version using toothpicks instead of standard skewers. Each toothpick has a cherry tomato, a basil leaf and a marinated mozzarella ball. Then I sprinkle the whole thing with olive oil and sea salt and pepper. The first time I made them I didn't use the marinated mozzarella balls and I found the dish too bland. Anyway, I made these for my family's mother's day party. We usually have very standard issue snacks- like the same snacks at every party for my entire life- so I wasn't sure how these would go over. But everyone loved them. They are fresh and delicious. And thanks to cousin David for the platter!






New Salad

This salad is one that I recently tried at a Pampered Chef party. It has romaine lettuce, cucumber, shredded carrots, thinly sliced red onion, strawberries and blueberries. The dressing was a bottled poppy seed variety. I get bored with green salads very easily so I was so pleased to find a new recipe! The olives next door are in a super cool olive tray from the Olive Shoppe.


No comments:

Post a Comment