Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another very filling vegetarian dinner

We love gardenburgers at our house, especially those with lots of BBQ sauce. This was one of our recent favorites on a warm Saturday evening. The 'burger' is topped with a few frozen onion rings, sweet hot pickles and jalapenos (from Ben's Uncle Greggor's fabulous Olive Shoppe). And did I mention TONS of BBQ sauce? The coleslaw was a bagged mix of cabbage and carrots, and I added some corn for good measure. I made a classic coleslaw dressing (except that I used Veganaise instead of Mayonnaise).

But the star of the meal, for me, was the ranch mashed potatoes, courtesy of Rachael Ray. Ben had requested buttermilk pancakes, so I had some leftover buttermilk in the fridge. Coincidentally, I recently watched Rachael make some of
these potatoes. I think you could easily make these vegan with some unsweetened soymilk and vinegar. The best part is the loads of fresh herbs: dill, chives and parsley... a handful of each, chopped fine. Of course add some salt and pepper and a little vegan nonhydrogenated margarine for good measure. De-lish! Thanks, Rach.

No comments:

Post a Comment