Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thai Vegetable Salad



My favorite thing this spring has been to make a whole bunch of salads Sunday evening for our lunches during the week. This week I made a Thai Vegetable Salad. Here is the basic recipe:
Spinach
Green Beans
Sugar Snap Peas
Carrots
Yellow Pepper
Tomato
Green Onions
Cilantro
a few fresh basil leaves (tear 'em up right before you eat)

For my salad, I added some sliced baked tofu. My husband is not such a fan of tofu, so his salad included some rice noodles tossed in our favorite chili sauce.

The Dressing:
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
red pepper flakes and salt to taste
The dressing was supposed to have chopped red chili pepper, but alas, the store was out that day.
We take the dressing to work in a separate container and keep it in the fridge until we run out.
This makes eating a healthy lunch really easy and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment