Saturday, May 9, 2009

Smoothie Shots?

I'm working on the name. I made these for our staff winter birthday party (which we had in April...woops). We have these parties at 8:30 in the morning, so I wanted something breakfast-y but I also wanted something no one else would bring (i.e. bagels, donuts, oranges...not that there's anything wrong with those). So I came up with smoothie shots. I made a big batch of either blueberry or strawberry smoothie, and poured them into little plastic dixie cups. Fearing they would look too much like hospital food, I dressed them up with a mint leaf and a fresh berry. They were actually the first thing gone at the party!

The recipe:
ice
frozen strawberries and blueberries
WholeSoy & Co Soy Yogurt, in strawberry and blueberry
SantaCruz Organics Berry Nectar
fresh mint
fresh blueberries
a few fresh strawberries

For each flavor, I added about 6 ice cubes, 1 cup of berries and a container of the appropriately flavored 'soygurt' to a blender. Pour in the berry nectar to cover everything. Blend, stirring occassionally. If you like it thinner just add some water until it's the consistancy you like.

Garnish with a mint leaf and either a strawberry or blueberry.

I made these the night before and froze them in my freezer door. When I got up in the morning (at about 6:15) I pulled them out of the freezer, put them on the platter and garnished. They were perfect by party time! Nice and refreshing and not too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment